15 Brilliant Methods to Create Dropdown Menus with Jquery
Multi-Level or Dropdown menus with Jquery is the best method to syndicate long menu list. Creating hierarchy of navigation that helps end user to locate particular resource easily. But they are not always easy to create, as cross browser compatibility is a major issue while creating drop down navigation. The best way to ensure that your drop down menu works perfectly in major browsers, including IE6, is by using jQuery.
Here is a collection of few of the best tutorials to get you started with creating drop down menus with jQuery. Click on images to check them live :-
1. Mega Drop Down Menus w/ CSS & jQuery :- In this tutorial we will be using using CSS Sprites for our navigation states, each link within the list item should have a unique class name to it.
2. How to Make a Mega Drop-Down Menu :- In this tut you will look at creating a simple HTML site with a horizontal navigation bar where a menu item will have a mega drop-down attached to it. Designer used jQuery for the drop-down and some CSS3 for the rounded corners.
3. Sexy Drop Down Menu w/ jQuery & CSS :- In this tutorial I would like to go over how to create a sexy drop down menu that can also degrade gracefully.
4. Create Twitter-Style Dropdowns Using jQuery :- In this tutorial designer tried to duplicate Twitter “Login” dropdown functionality with jQuery.
5. jQuery iPod-style Drilldown Menu :- This drilldown menu provides easy navigation of complex nested structures with any number of levels.
6. Reinventing a Drop Down with CSS and jQuery :- In this tutorial you will know that there are several features that need to be implemented in order to have a credible simulation, but each one of those is simple and straightforward.
7. How to Build and Enhance a 3-Level Navigation Menu :- In this video tutorial you will learn how to build an attractive cross-browser navigation menu; notable features include CSS3 gradients, multiple sub-menus, and jQuery animations.
8. A Different Top Navigation :- In this tutorial, We will use jQuery to create a different multi-layered horizontal navigation system that is still intuitive enough for anyone to use for the first time. Hover over a category to get sub pages .
9. Create a multilevel Dropdown menu with CSS and improve it via jQuery :- This tutorial is dedicated to the task of building a working CSS-only dropdown menu (also known as suckerfish menu), the second part will show you how you can pimp the whole thing with a few lines of jQuery.
10. Designing the Digg Header: How To & Download :- In this tut you will learn to make a navigation system like old digg design .
11. Solution For Very Long Dropdown Menus :- In this tutorial you will learn how to make long drop down navigation menu scroll up and down as you mouse through it. You can set a maximum height to the dropdowns .
12. Easy to Style jQuery Drop Down Menu Tutorial :- This tutorial will show us how to create one and also to keep it as simple as possible so that it can be styled easily.
13. Perfect signin dropdown box likes Twitter with jQuery :- In this tutorial you will learn how to create a login drop down with Twitter style using jQuery. This entry will explain how it works step by step and it’s good for learning jQuery how to do the toggle and tool tips.
14. Create The Fanciest Dropdown Menu You Ever Saw :- Here is one more tut on creating dropdown menu and it will covers variable-width tabs and can be put anywhere on site in a matter of seconds .
You can subscribe to your blog and receive next dropdown menus with Jquery tutorials update direct in you email .